When you’re in the mood for a dessert that’s as all American as apple pie, but is not apple pie, try my Mom’s Applesauce Loaf Cake recipe. It’s always a favorite of my family and hopefully yours will enjoy it too. For a full all-American experience, the American-made bakeware is a great way to bake this yummy treat.
Mom’s Apple Sauce Loaf Cake recipe:
- ½ cup butter or crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture, alternatively, with applesauce to the butter/sugar mixture. Beat after each addition.
- Stir in nuts
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour. Test for doneness after 50 minutes. If knife or toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean, applesauce loaf is done.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
Optional Glaze Recipe
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla or lemon extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- mix until smooth,
- pour over cooled, but still slightly warm loaf cake.
Slice and serve! Enjoy this delicious apple treat!
photo by comedy_nose