Denmark has blessed the world with a line of non-stick cookware that will stand the test of time! While I have owned very expensive non-stick cookware in the past, none has compared to ScanPan. What makes this brand of non-stick cookware truly remarkable?
- ScanPan’s non-stick surface is free from PFOA and PFOS and this includes the entire manufacturing process. Other manufacturers might make the same claim but often these chemicals are still used in manufacturing the product. Scan pan is the choice for the health conscious customer.
- ScanPan uses ceramic Titanium to create an amazingly durable non-stick surface.
This is not a Teflon product. This surface allows you to use metal utensils while cooking, although dragging a knife across the surface is still not a great idea. For the pan or knife! Personally, I still use the kinder utensils.
This non-stick cookware can be put in the dishwasher. They may experience some fading of the black exterior color after repeated washes in the dishwasher, but this should not affect its cooking surface. As a personal preference, these are non-stick pans and really easy to clean, I hand wash mine.
ScanPan cookware has a lifetime warranty, so once you get it you have it for life!
Some people buy the cheap non-stick cookware and replace it time after time. Why bother when ScanPan has a lifetime warranty? It is more expensive over time to keep replacing cookware. For that reason, ScanPan becomes the eco friendly choice too. What do you think happens to those old useless pots and pans when you toss them out again and again?
ScanPan Cookware comes in 3 varieties: Classic, Professional and CTX. For a quick review, visit our Scanpan cookware comparison guide.
What’s the same?
- They are both the product of a squeeze cast aluminum process. Liquid aluminum is poured into the cast and 250 tons of pressure is added to create a pan that is even heating, has no hot spots and is guaranteed to never warp!
- The Ceramic Titanium surface is 10 times harder than steel, so you get a lifetime of non-stick cooking.
- They are oven safe to 500 degrees, making them ideal for just about every cooking application.
What’s different between the Classic and Professional lines? Mostly they look different.
- The Classic line has a stay-cool, black composite handle that is fastened to the pan without rivets.
- The Professional line has stainless steel stay-cool handles which are riveted to the pan.
- The Classic line sports glass lids with metal around the rim to protect from chipping while the Professional line has stainless steel lids.
- The Classic line has a dark gray interior non-stick cooking surface while the Professional line has a black colored non-stick cooking surface. The color is the only difference as they are of equal strength and durability.
ScanPan CTX is the newest line to make the culinary scene and it was worth waiting for! This Scan Pan stainless steel cookware has a much more complex design and can be used on induction cooktops, hence the higher price. CTX stainless is a 5 -ply product. It is a fully clad design. The layers include: the interior is made of 18/10 stainless steel which is covered with the ceramic titanium cooking surface. This is followed by an aluminum alloy layer, then a pure aluminum layer, followed by another aluminum alloy layer and finally the outside we all see is 18/0 magnetic stainless steel with a satin finish.
- This 5 layer design is great for even heating which comes from the three aluminum layers. The clad construction also serves to make it stronger and less likely to warp.
- The lovely exterior is a magnetic steel so this is great for induction cooking as well as every other kind of cook top.
- CTX features stainless steel lids that have a glass window which allows you to see what’s cooking. The metal border also keeps the glass well protected from breaking. The lids also feature a little vent on the rim which allow steam to escape without the lid popping up and down.
- CTX also features stay cool stainless steel handles that are firmly riveted to the pan. The handles are ergonomic making them comfortable to handle.
- Read Scanpan CTX review.
Lastly, the Scanpan Induction+ line is nearly identical to Scanpan Classic, but is induction stovetop compatible.
Whatever line you choose, you will not regret spending a little more for ScanPan non-stick cookware made to last a lifetime!