The one thing I love about slow cookers is that you have the ability to cook dinner while you go to work, do errands or do upkeep of the house. The All-Clad 4 Qt. Electric Slow Cooker w/ Black Ceramic Insert is a great little slow cooker.
There are just 2 of us at home, so this size is perfect for up to 4 people. It is really easy to use and the cleanup is a snap as well! Without a doubt, the slow cooker makes it easier on you if you have a busy lifestyle. One of my favorite dishes is a Spicy Chicken Salsa Soup. I can just add in all the ingredients after a long day at work and set it for 2-3 hours and leave it alone while I clean the apartment or sit down and relax or do a favorite hobby to unwind. As I said cleanup is also easy as pie! Just lift the insert out of the slow cooker, put the leftovers away either in the fridge or freezer for a later time . The insert IS dishwasher safe but my personal preference is to hand wash it and let it dry. I have not had anything stick to the inside of the insert either, everything just slides right off. I highly recommend this slow cooker from All-Clad.
Here’s my recipe for Spicy Chicken Salsa Soup:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 jars of salsa
- 1 box chicken broth or stock
- 1 or 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 or 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper
- Any hot sauce to taste (Depending on how spicy you like it)
- 5 shakes of red pepper flakes (or more if you want)
- Optional: Pasta, rice (cook separately), shredded cheese, sour cream
- Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Cover with the salsa.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours until chicken is cooked and shreddable.
- Start chopping pepper and green beans.
- Shred the chicken.
- Pour in broth.
- Put in veggies and beans.
- Let cook an hour or until veggies are soft to your liking.